Persistent SS13
TitanField - Admin Application - Printable Version

+- Persistent SS13 (https://persistentss13.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://persistentss13.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Staff Applications (https://persistentss13.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Denied (https://persistentss13.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Thread: TitanField - Admin Application (/showthread.php?tid=141)

TitanField - Admin Application - TitanField - 11-13-2018

BYOND Key: TitanField
In UTC, what time range do you usually play in?: UTC +0
Names of your current and past Persistent characters: Chase Zavir & Jack Briggs
How long have you been playing Space Station 13: Since the 24th November 2014
How long have you been playing Persistent Station 13: On and off since it's launch though I've been playing a lot recently and plan to continue.

Have you ever been a staff member for any SS13 servers? (Please state where and how long if you have):

Riftstation for a few months but it died before even launching.

I'm currently a Senior Admin on Halo: Space Station Evolved and have been on their staff team for awhile now. I can't remember how long exactly but it's about a year or so. Though the server regularly goes down for long periods and when it's up there's low amounts of players on or none at all.

Are you currently banned from any SS13 servers? (Please state where and for what reason if you are):

I'm banned on no servers.

In your opinion, what’s the biggest problem with the server right now, and what would you do to help resolve it?:

At the moment the biggest problem for me is that no one is really on for me during the day time which is probably because of my timezone and when people are on there isn't much interaction which is probably due to the impending wipe.

Timezone wise I can be on to administrate during the day and then at night since I regularly play on servers for 24+ hour periods at a time.

Wipe doom wise I can encourage players to interact instead of sitting around and waiting for their paycheck all day.

Answer the following scenarios and how you would deal with them to the best of your ability.

Q: An adminhelp comes in claiming that an individual is griefing a starter station, but the individual is taking part in an organized faction raid. How do you deal with the situation?
A: I'd inform them that I'm looking into the situation then I'd check the raiders notes while looking at the logs after that I'd contact them asking them what they're doing and if they have permission to raid the station. If they claim to have permission from an Admin I'd ask them which admin while checking for recent ahelps and contacting other staff members. If they did have permission I'd inform them to limit their raid to none major damage only. If they had no permission then I'd warn them and create a new note while telling them to limit their raid.

Q: An adminhelp comes in from an individual who had been killed by another player, claiming that the killer was not RPing and wasn't acting correctly, but the individual had previously kidnapped the killer and tied them to a chair in order to extort them. How do you deal with the situation?
A: I'd inform them that I'm looking into the situation while checking notes, chat logs & attack logs to see if the claims are true or not. I'd then
contact the attacker to get their side and depending on the level of roleplay and if they have permission I'll either issue a temporary ban, warning or tell them to deal with it IC.

Q: An adminhelp comes in from an individual who claims that a griefer blew up part of their station and vented it. How do you handle the situation?
A: I'd inform them that I'm looking into it then I'll check the logs to see if there's anything amiss and if I find enough evidence to reasonably confirm a griefer then I'd contact them to ask them what they're doing and what they're reasons are. If I find that it was vaild I'd do nothing while noting the situation but if it wasn't valid and they caused significant damage I'll most likely give them a temporary ban and make a note.

Q: When interviewing several individuals after an incident, each of them have a different story about what happened. How do you find the truth?
A: [b]I'd get all sides of the story while checking notes, chat logs, attack logs and fingerprints[/b]

Q: An adminhelp comes in from an individual who had been killed due to their cryo room being vented. How do you proceed?
A: I'd teleport them to a safe area while giving them an aheal. I'd then contact the available engineers to tell them that they will have to repair the room and if none are available I'd fix it myself with build mode.

Q: You are receiving several adminhelps from one person, claiming that another individual is breaking the rules, but the individual has not breached any rules. How do you handle this?
A: I'd inform them I'll look into it and that they should make a player report on the forums instead of sending multiple ahelps.

Q: A player joins the round and immediately begins vandalizing the current station while evading security. You attempt to contact them, but get no response. How do you handle the situation?
A: I'd use the paralyse verb on them while PMing them. If I get no reply or a less than appropriate message I'd issue a ban but if I get a reply and they turn out to be new to the game I'd issue them a warning while sending them information on the basics of SS13.

Q: A player adminhelps, and asks how to put duct tape on a piece of paper. How do you handle the situation?
A: I'd inform them that they should ask someone over OOC or LOOC since ahelps isn't for questions like this, I'd then tell them how to put the duct tape on the paper.

Q: A player claims that they were killed and their lace was lost during a restart. No one else can back up this claim, and logs are unavailable. How do you handle the situation?
A: I'd ask other members of staff and other players if they have any information at all while checking discord to see if they asked in there. I'd then spawn them in a lace and place it in a public area visible to other players.

RE: TitanField - Admin Application - bigheffuh - 11-17-2018

+1 his characters are great in rp and his app is amazing