Persistent SS13
[Lifixs][Unathi]whitelist application - Printable Version

+- Persistent SS13 (https://persistentss13.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Lore (https://persistentss13.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Whitelist applications (https://persistentss13.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: [Lifixs][Unathi]whitelist application (/showthread.php?tid=144)

[Lifixs][Unathi]whitelist application - Viole - 11-21-2018

About You

What is your Byond key?

Lifixs

How long have you been playing on Persistence?

About four months.

What are the names of your better-known characters?

Mei Kuo, Matilda Goose

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?

Unathi

How does playing an alien differ from playing a human, and how will you represent this ingame?
Playing an alien requires a much greater understanding of the lore than playing a human. You have to get into the mindset of a completely alien culture and bring it to life. This means not only avoiding common human cultural tropes, but also inventing new cultural details consistent with the alien’s established lore. Alien physiology is different from that of a human in ways not always mechanically or visually apparent, these traits require thoughtful role-play. When one plays an alien you end up in situations where you must represent that entire species to the human community. Players of alien characters have a greater responsibility to raise the quality of RP on the server.

Why do you want to play as the alien species?

I’m going to need a new character for the new-map. I’ve been eyeing the Unathi white-list for awhile and attempting to learn the lore. My previous characters have been fairly conflict adverse and not adaptable under all circumstances. I’d like an opportunity to do something different this time and I believe an Unathi character would fit well into that. The Unathi affinity for trade and business appeals to me as someone who enjoys the economic role-play. I want to get immersed into a new role and I think this is likely the most edifying route I could choose.

What are some example names for the alien species?

Kro’sur Dwissk
Juud’nka Wessk
Amzuur Emiiaz

Summarize what you know about the species.

The Unathi are an intelligent humanoid species that resemble Earth lizards. They’re cold blooded and reproduce by laying eggs, often in large shared hatcheries. Traditionally Unathi politics was organized around clans formed based on shared ideals. In more recent times the clans have evolved into large corporations but they still retain distinct cultural values that distinguish them from Human notions of business. Unathi are generally less territorial than Humans, preferring to fight over status and trade rights rather than land. They can have furious tempers when double-crossed or slighted, but are generally friendly. Many space-faring Unathi have adapted to human social norms in order to facilitate better business relations. Unathi are honest and speak up when they believe bad business is going on. They prefer skilled professions and will turn down work that they consider undignified or menial. Above all else Unathi are ambitious, hardworking, and adaptable.

Provide an example character bio for your xeno character.

Dwissk was a lost egg found in a disposal bin behind a scale-salon. The egg was noticed by the salons owner who presented it to the customers waiting inside. The patrons of the salon were aghast and debated the correct course of action. A lone egg is trouble, old songs always tell the truth of this. After some time they came to the conclusion that smashing the egg was the only reasonable action. And so the salon owner agreed to smash the egg later that night after closing. When the customers had left, the owner took the egg to the Dv’aanen clan hatchery. It was there that Dwissk grew up and formed her first impressions of the world. The Dv’aanen ideals revolve around what humans would call recycling, but the concept extends beyond materials. As a provisional clan member Dwissk was assigned to only the lowest of duties. The Unathi word for such people is derived from the name of a small snail like pest that inhabits refuse. It translates roughly as “shell-clutcher” the joke being that these low Unathi have little in life besides the egg shells they were born from. Young Dwissk worked hard and made every effort to join the clan properly. But when she was finally offered a place in the clan it was doing the same menial labor other Unathi wouldn’t do. Furious at her treatment she left the clan and struck out on her own. It was in this time that she met other so-called shell-clutchers who had formed their own loose “clan” and embraced the label as a virtue. They took her in and taught her how to survive and thrive on the edges of Unathi society. She chose “Kro’sur” as her class name, the very label that had once been a cruel insult. Some years later Dwissk stowed away on a transport headed for human space where she learned the basics of galactic common. Over the years she traveled widely until finally arriving in the frontier.

RE: [Lifixs][Unathi]whitelist application - bigheffuh - 11-24-2018

+1
Great RP'er 
Seems to get general idea of being unathi and its lore

Good luck hope you get accepted