• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: GarrianGarrian's Skrell Whitelist Application - APPROVED
About You

What is your Byond key?
Garrian

How long have you been playing on Persistence?
3-4 weeks.

What are the names of your better-known characters?
John Darke.

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?
Skrell.

How does playing an alien differ from playing a human, and how will you represent this ingame?
Aliens are vastly outnumbered. They may have to deal with xenophobia, strange concepts that are hard to understand, and continually seek understanding on these strange beings.

Why do you want to play as the alien species?
I have a specific character idea, specifically a Skrell that studies the correlation between business and silicon technology and the control there of. Would be traveling somewhat often, and possibly be interested in the studies and use of silicon technology, as limited as it is. 

What are some example names for the alien species?
Nechtil'Qil Kartii
Jectil'Ol Telaro
Secura'Sqo Gahari
Thank you for your interest in Skrell.
Please add these questions to your application:
Also, can you elaborate more on why you want to specifically play a Skrell instead of a human?

Summarize what you know about the species.

Provide an example character bio for your xeno character.
Why I want to play a Skrell:
There's no Skrell, which makes it a relatively open field in how to play it. I thought about a Vox, but that is much more caste centered and I wouldn't feel comfortable playing a Vox without there being more Vox's around. Phorosian is, in my mind, just a human with issues. Unanthi could be interesting, but they are a more aggressive species, and I already play a somewhat aggressive human. Skrells provide the most opportunity for me to try and enhance my roleplay abilities, as a more reserved, dedicated character. It also would allow me OOCly to test some of the more unknown bugs specifically centered around science. I also have a concept of the my Skrell character dedicating most of his studies to the connection between advanced silicon technology and business, which allows for ample RP opportunities. Skrell are also, being few of them, a very neutral party, allowing them to cross boundaries between companies and such with little repercussions, again increasing RP opportunities. 

Summary of the Species: The basis of the Skrell concept is the neural cluster. Similar to a lace, except that it carries knowledge from one "generation" to the next, instead of necessarily personality. (While I'm thinking of this, there should be a mechanic to change a Skrells name since it changes generation each time it dies and is reformed, and therefore a subtle change to the name.) They are a biotech society, more advanced than humans and somewhere around or above Vox levels. They are a scientific species above all else, with the purpose of each generation to continue to gain the most knowledge to improve the capacities of the neural cluster. That, and once a cluster has reached the relative end of it's generations, it is added to the Sgil'Omicron, the Skrell version of the Earth computer to determine the question to life, the universe, and everything from Hitchhikers guide. The governing structure of the Skrell is based on the most knowledgeable cluster on a particular subject. There is also a military force of Skrell, which uses a biochemical to release mind-altering substances in certain incidents.

Bio:
Narteq'Qo Telaro
Narteq spent his first generation on Qerrbalak, learning and conducting indepth studies into developmental comparisons between the Skrell and the other known races. He lived to a standard age, and his cluster was passed on. Narteq spent his early years in standard Skrellian studies, along with sorting and publishing his past generation's work. Having done this, he seeks to explore the same development process as it stands in the outer frontiers, happening in real time, leading him to accept NT's offer of transport to the frontier by signing a contract. 

OOC: Since he spent most of his life on Qerrbalak, he will lack certain social skills on the frontier, along with some misjudgements as to how humans in particular develop societies, due to the difference between his studies in books and reports, and the real thing. 
Interview completed over Discord - Bio is solid and they have a great understanding of the lore and responsibilities of playing an alien.

Approved.