• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: Valmoric[Valmoric] [Unathi] Whitelist Application
About You

What is your Byond key?

(Valmoric)

How long have you been playing on Persistence?

(Not very long but it does interest me greatly!)

What are the names of your better-known characters?

(Erika von Lubeck, Astrid Lacroix, Lifts-Her-Tail)

About The Species

What alien species are you applying for?

(Unathi)

How does playing an alien differ from playing a human, and how will you represent this ingame?

(Playing alien races brings a whole new challenge to the status quo of "Im a human i can relate to this" format and trying to relate to a species that is completely different is fun and exciting! And brings with it a new set of rules and lore to follow. It's easy to just play a human and do generic human things but when you have to take into account what species your playing then that's when it gets truly fun!)

Why do you want to play as the alien species?

(Well, i am new to Persistent Station. However, I am not a big fan of playing Humans in well really Anything. Im always of fan of worlds that have their very own and unique species of races. The Unathi themselves remind me heavily of a Tabletop character i made awhile back and honestly they just really resonate with me. Im not sure if it is the likeness to my old character or the amazing culture you guys have built around them. But in the end they are my favorite species i have read about from ya'lls world. And i would love to be a part of that.)

What are some example names for the alien species?

(Kaciz Zes'lin, Beknotiess Krass, Thaoxl Insthyr.)

Summarize what you know about the species.

(The Unathi themselves resemble alot of traits biologically of the classical Lizardmen that all you nerds know in love. Cold-blooded, Bestial, Traditionalist, Hard-scaled and Strong. You already know. However, where the Unathi differ and this is where the amazing creative minds who wrote the lore came in. Is the fact that culturally, The Unathi are not just Bestial Lizardmen. They are so much more. The Unathi have very diverse cultures depending on the areas of their planet they are born in. Much like human society operates. the difference is. The Unathi base what they are by the Clan that they are born in on their harsh and unforgiving world of Moghes.

The Unathi clans are scattered around the five different regions of Moghes. The Poles, The Savannahs, The Deserts, The Swamp beaches, and the Diamond peaks. The Clans born in each of these areas varies wildly in what they believe in and how the view the world and their faith. And even get into many disputes and wars with each other. The few things they do have in common though. Is the fact that every member born within the clan shares the clan name as their last name and carry it with them until death. They also all share the same clan structure of leaders which are the Kaahnepo and the Matriarch. The Kaahnepo is the head honcho of the clan. He decides everything from Diplomacy, The Roles of the men, Resource distribution, and trade in the clan and is chosen for life by the Matriach who puts him through a rigorous trials that are hand-chosen by his fellow clansmen to see if he is worthy to lead. The matriarch however, handles the women of the clan and the management of the clans homestead. the Matriarch also record the history of the clan in the Skein which is what records and keep tracks of the entire clans history. 

All the clans seem to gravitate to five different tenets of faith depending on which of the five different regions they are born in. basic Unathi society has the core ideas of Growth and Rebirth. to expand and to be reborn. Yet depending on which of the five regions you are born in. you will find that these ideas are greatly expanded upon within Unathi Faith. These two core ideals can be expanded into four basic aspects. The World, The Species, The Individual, and the People. these four aspects guide and shape the many different Faiths found within Unathis clans and you will find alot of Faiths gravitate to these four aspects very differently. 

The Hand of the Vine is the Faith most likely to be found worshiped by Unathi hailing from the Savannah's and the Deserts. This Nomadic group believe that the disaster that befell Moghes was a positive change that brought upon a "Rebirth" for the Unathi. that the way they treated their world before was careless and reckless. Most can be seen going around from place to place seeding the land. This clan is very feminine in nature and thus has less of a strong view of a primogenitor-esc clan system.

The Precursors are a group of Unathi who hail from the Deserts and Poles and place immense value with the technology left behind by the ancient precursors of the planet Moghes. They find and persevere anything left behind by this race and study it for the purpose of sparring their species from the same fate.

The Grand Strategem are Unathi who come from the more tougher and unforgiving lands of Moghes. The Deserts and Diamond Peaks. They believe in the aspect of becoming stronger and tougher from conflict. And this ideal can be seen by the fact that the clan often holds large gladiatorial battles in celebrations called the pits. 

The Markesheli are Unathi that come from many different regions of Moghes and believe in the idea that Markesh survived the disaster that befell Moghes and found the first Unathi and when the Unathi had spread across the planet and fractured into many different Waring clans he left them displeased by this. The Followers of this faith believe that only by Suffering they can convince Markesh to let them into his paradise. Alot og the Unathi view the Markeshelites very unfavorably going so far as that the Unathi found within the Diamond Peaks would throw many followers into the pits to die.

The Fruitful Lights are Unathi from the Polar regions although some have been found outside these lands. These Unathi hold the idea of individualism to a high regard. Very much simulare to The Precursors and The Grand Strategem. They take heavy pride in what they do and create. Alot of followers are laborers and craftsmen who find solace working in their workshops or work stations. Depending on how well you work and create will determine what respect and prestige you will have in the clan.)

((Bear in mind this is based off Baystation lore, im not sure if y'all have your own specific lore or anything if you do i cannot seem to find it...)

[b]Provide an example character bio for your xeno character.[/b]

(I had the idea of making a Albino Female Unathi named Rhisk Gresis. She is a very solum and kind Unathi who does not give into her aggressive nature all to often if she can help it (Although being a Unathi it can be somewhat hard) to the point she will probably warn you in a not hostile way if you are pushing her buttons. She grew up working in the mines at the Diamond Peaks and grew to love it as a teenager. Although the fact that she loves mining so much is very odd considering that she is a female Unathi and it does get her some strange looks by fellow clansmates and followers of the Fruitful Lights. However, this does not stop her from her passion. As she grew older however she found that mining at the Diamond Peaks had gotten stale and she yearned fro more adventure and to find a way to leave the planet of her birth. So she met with one of the Human mining guilds at the peaks and joined up on one of their mining ships traveling the galaxy mining where she could. She would have eventually found her way working for Nanotrasen (most likely when her contract with the mining guild wore out) She is going to have a very approachable and kind personality and will not actively seek out socializing but if approached she will not be disappointed and will be there to gladly help anyway she can. However, if shown to be dealing with a situation where the other person is being aggressive as reserved as she is. She might find it hard to not retaliate.)
[Image: oav99Mo.png]
Yea, this isn't the Unathi lore for this server, it can be found here. https://persistentss13.com/wiki/index.php?title=Unathi
Unathi are a confederacy of space companies, they are basically merchants and their history and things like clans aren't defined at all.

I guess I really need to type out alot of the history and culture the Unathi had before going full business. Currently, Unathi's only culture is that they are merchants to their very soul. They value the idea of value among anything else.
(10-30-2018, 03:56 PM)Laughing Rabbit Wrote: Yea, this isn't the Unathi lore for this server, it can be found here. https://persistentss13.com/wiki/index.php?title=Unathi
Unathi are a confederacy of space companies, they are basically merchants and their history and things like clans aren't defined at all.

I guess I really need to type out alot of the history and culture the Unathi had before going full business. Currently, Unathi's only culture is that they are merchants to their very soul. They value the idea of value among anything else.

AH Alrighty then, that isn't going to change exactly what im going to RP at all just changes what i know of the lore then. ^w^ ill still plan on being a Albino Unathi miner if im allowed to.

Instead of being from the Diamond Peaks shed be from where the Unathi generally are from and would have joined up with a Mining Guild for awhile before striking out on her own trying to find work.
[Image: oav99Mo.png]
I do want to see that you understand more specifics about the particular Unathi lore for this server before I give the go-ahead on this. While I do not think it will change too much about how the character will play as a whole, it can be important when dealing with other Unathi in the setting and I'd like to see if you can get just what those dealings would be like.
Basically your Ferengi from Star Trek, but more amphibian.

Excellent, Absolutely splendid.. although this late into the persistence round it seems being merchants are quite redundant. However, finding the best deal should always be a thing on the back of your mind.