• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thread Contributor: TheKingOfGoonsThe Fate Of Titan
So it's far in the future and humanity is spreading throughout the stars, one of the first colonies is Saturn's largest moon Titan. Titian originally was sent over penal colonists to build work in the low gravity and extremely high danger areas. The colony is so near earth that the of course it is one of earth's main goal to get it under control and profitable, They send the militia to a border word much like titan. Sol's government as they now call themselves advertise the world that while no longer on the border of colonized space, is not Titan. They are also sent to titan and tipped off by the crime lords not to talk as they are shipped to the planet they thought they were going to. Titan forms it's own local Government, setting in stone a republic where the most powerful crime boss rules until he is no longer the most powerful. A splinter faction of frontier worlds leave the Sol government. The fake titan request aid, this aid heads to the real Titan.

The idea is Titan is a huge scandal during a large event/war in the original Sol Government with such a corrupt and utterly brutal place so close to home. Along with the ability to let me have tough guy come from this world but allow anyone also be from there due to the Sol Gov's response which i'm currently thinking about.

Please help me fit this into the lore.
Sounds interesting, for a plotline and since you want their conflict to be with earth. It'd better to set the founding of titan early in the timeline during the existence of the Earth Directive and that Titan's story would enlighten how Sol Government was formed.

The early history of this game lore is left blanked but I'd find it interesting to wonder what is earth like, is United States still a thing? Perhaps since you said Titan was a penal colony it was political and war prisoners that did not follow the ideas of either the Earth Directive or the Sol Government.

And then what would the common backstory be for a Titan, would they fit the NT and Refugee starting positions?
(04-08-2018, 05:49 PM)Laughing Rabbit Wrote: Sounds interesting, for a plotline and since you want their conflict to be with earth. It'd better to set the founding of titan early in the timeline during the existence of the Earth Directive and that Titan's story would enlighten how Sol Government was formed.

The early history of this game lore is left blanked  but I'd find it interesting to wonder what is earth like, is United States still a thing? Perhaps since you said Titan was a penal colony it was political and war prisoners that did not follow the ideas of either the Earth Directive or the Sol Government.

And then what would the common backstory be for a Titan, would they fit the NT and Refugee starting positions?

Well titan's government would be based around criminal families and gangs, so the 1% or rich would be the leaders of these organizations. The middle class would be very small also consisting of local leaders in these same crime rings, full blown criminals, and any sort of rebellion's leader. the rest of the people would be functionally stuck on titan not allowed to leave as the news of titan's corruption would have been disastrous for their leaders. most of the people on the frontier would be refugee's that got really really lucky, or the aforementioned full blown criminals who aren't linked to anyone but themselves and their own small group they would use to take anything they wanted. NT could have some of these criminals who found it easier to leave colonized space then avoid the hit-men after them as a example. Another possibility is a family member of these crime lords has decided to expand the families' influence and has moved to the frontier to exert control. another possibility is a crime family pushed out of Titan fleeing to the frontier. I am very open to anyone's changes they want to make but i'm trying to come up with ways to put this that early but also fit in people from this age of crime from Titan.
Due to a change in design choice, lore such as backstories for single characters, or multiple characters for a single player, are not being reviewed for acceptance. You can bring up a re-worked suggestion through another thread if you so desire.