These are our rules. Their purpose is to maintain player immersion and enjoyment in our Heavy Roleplay environment. If you have additional questions about the rules, or just want to make sure that you or someone else isn't breaking them, then feel free to contact a staff member via adminhelp (F1 key) or another official channel.
These rules serve to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment for our players, in accordance with our basic principles as a roleplay-oriented server. If you notice someone breaking these rules, please report it to the staff via adminhelp or by lodging a forum complaint.
0. The spirit of the rules is more important than the rules themselves
- 0.1 Using the specific wording of the rules to get around them or to punish someone else is still against the rules.
- 0.2 Our intention with these rules is to make sure everyone is having fun, and that immersion is kept intact. All rulings should reflect this.
1. Don't be a dick
- 1.1 You're here to have fun, but doing so at the expense of other players isn't acceptable.
- 1.2 Don't be overly offensive, spam OOC or IC channels, grief, or complain excessively about other players.
- 1.3 Playing a character who is disrespectful towards other characters is acceptable within reason, as long as they abide by the other rules.
2. Listen to staff
- 2.1 The word of the staff is law.
- 2.2 If you disagree with a ruling, bring it up later with the staff member that made it, a head staffmember, or via official complaint.
- 2.3 If a staff member is blatantly abusing this rule, then we urge you to contact a head staffmember immediately, or if necessary, file an official complaint.
3. Do not use OOC information In-Character
- 3.1 When in-game, only use knowledge your character would reasonably know.
- 3.2 Don't talk about in-game events via any of the OOC channels if doing so would provide an advantage to another player.
- 3.3 OOC channels include LOOC, AOOC, and third-party programs, as well as the BYOND pager, or any other means of communicating information out-of-character.
4. Adult content is forbidden
- 4.1 Posting any adult content on any official channel via text, image, or link is strictly forbidden.
- 4.2 Adult content also includes erotic roleplaying (ERP), as well as going AFK to ERP via any OOC channels.
- 4.3 This includes having adult content in your ckey (BYOND username)
5. Use English
- 5.1 We are an English server, all communication should be in English.
- 5.2 Having a character occasionally use words from non-English languages is acceptable.
6. Don't kill needlessly
- 6.1 Avoid using lethal force when it's not necessary and try to resolve situations with as little violence as possible.
- 6.2 Never commit suicide without direct admin or moderator permission.
- 6.3 Before committing to any lethal actions, contact the admins via ahelp (F1 key)
7. Don't Powergame
- 7.1 Don't play to win, play as your character.
- 7.2 Do not exploit bugs or mechanics in order to gain an advantage.
- 7.3 Do not play a character with an unreasonably vast set of skills.
- 7.4 Do not prepare in advance for a situation that you could not know about in-character.
8. Don't mess with AFK players
- 8.1 If a player is AFK or disconnected, then don't mess with them without direct permission from an admin or moderator.
- 8.2 If a disconnected player has important equipment on their character, you are allowed to remove it with staff permission.
- 8.3 You are allowed to move a disconnected player to cryo without staff permission.
- 8.4 If a player is disconnected, their character will be asleep and unresponsive; in-character, this is called SSD or sudden sleep disorder.
9. Don't multi-key or ban-evade
- 9.1 Do not log onto the server with multiple BYOND accounts.
- 10.2 Do not use an alternate account to evade a previous ban.
10. Admin-shopping is forbidden
- 10.1 When an admin makes a ruling on an issue, do not attempt to have the ruling overturned by another admin.
- 10.2 Admin rulings are final. If you feel that a ruling conflicts with the rules, contact a head staffmember or file a complaint.
11. Don't advertise
- 11.1 Advertising on official PersistentStation channels is strictly prohibited without permission from the moderation team.
- 11.2 This includes, but is not limited to: advertising a discord server, SS13 server, product, service, website, or youtube/twitch channel.
These rules serve to ensure that characters remain reasonably believable within the lore of the world we've set forth and that they function well alongside other characters. If you notice someone breaking these rules, report it to the staff via adminhelp or by lodging a forum complaint.
1. Play as your character
- 1.1 This is a High Roleplaying enforced server. You are expected to act as your character would in-game, and try to perform actions that would be in their own best interests.
- 1.2 This includes self-preservation and maintaining a degree of realism in your character's interactions.
2. Play a reasonable character
- 2.1 Your character should be sane and mature within reason and should think and act as such.
- 2.2 Your character should fit within the current setting and lore.
- 2.3 Your character should act with common sense and should react to situations realistically.
3. Use an acceptable name
- 3.1 Your character should have a reasonable, species-appropriate name.
- 3.2 Your character's name should not have any honorifics, middle names, or nicknames.
- 3.3 Your character's name should not explicitly be a joke or a reference to popular culture.
4. Don't kill needlessly
- 4.1 You are expected to play a reasonable character that doesn't cause major damage or kill people without a good IC reason.
- 4.2 This does not mean that killing is forbidden, but you do need a good reason, backed up by RP.
- 4.3 Before killing or commiting any lethal action aboard NT Station, ahelp (F1 key) to confirm that your actions are acceptable.
5. Don't touch yourself
- 5.1 Abusing your multiple character slots in order to help your own character is strictly forbidden.
- 5.2 This includes re-lacing yourself, or dragging your body to medical so someone else can re-lace you.
- 5.3 You can take equipment or items from your other character's body, but only with admin approval.
These rules serve to enforce an enjoyable and fulfilling experience for players within factions as well as their leaders. It also serves to enforce guidelines to keep inter-faction conflict and intrigue enjoyable for both sides. If you notice someone breaking these rules, please report it to the staff via adminhelp (F1 key) or by lodging a forum complaint.
1. Don't raid empty faction stations
- 1.1 If all or most of a faction's members are currently offline, it is not okay to raid their station.
- 1.2 Always ahelp (F1 key) before taking hostile action against another faction to make sure the other faction is active enough.
- 1.3 Raiding includes sabotage and infiltration.
2. Starter factions cannot raid or be raided
- 2.1 Starter factions cannot raid other factions, and cannot be raided.
- 2.2 The starter factions are NT Station and Refugee Station.
- 2.3 Sabotage and infiltration may be allowed, but only after asking via ahelp (F1 key).
- 2.4 Starter factions are allowed to defend themselves against raiders that break this rule.
3. Give your faction an acceptable name
- 3.1 When creating a new faction, you're expected to give it a name that's reasonable and lore-appropriate.
- 3.2 Do not give your faction the same name as an existing faction, or a name similar enough to be indistinguishable.
4. Don't mutiny needlessly
- 4.1 Raiding your own faction should not be done unless you have a good In-Character reason to.
- 4.2 Raiding another faction against the will of your own faction should also not be done without good reason.
- 4.3 Before rebelling against your own faction, ask the admins if it's acceptable via ahelp (F1 key).
5. Do not encroach on starter stations
- 5.1 Creating a faction on one of a starter station's Z-levels or expanding a faction into a starter station's Z-levels is forbidden.
- 5.2 The starter stations are NT Station and Refugee Station.
- 5.3 Starter stations are forbidden from expanding into additional Z-levels.
These rules serve to maintain staff discipline and encourage staff to work with the players to ensure that the game remains enjoyable for everyone. If you see a staff member breaking or abusing these rules, report it to a head staffmember or create an official complaint. Head staffmembers and the head administrator are permitted to provide exemptions to the rules. However, they are to be held personally accountable for the results of those exemptions.
1. Respect the Server and Character Rules
- 1.1 The staff team is not exempt from any of the rules under normal circumstances.
- 1.2 Staff are held to a far higher standard than players as representatives of the server and should follow all of the rules they enforce to the best of their ability.
2. Remain professional
- 2.1 As a staff member, your actions and words often affect community perception of the entire staff team.
- 2.2 Bantering or having fun isn't strictly prohibited, but maintain a degree of professionalism and respect both towards players as well as staff.
- 2.3 Remember that your actions represent the server.
3. Do not abuse staff powers for IC advantages
- 3.1 Abusing your powers to gain an advantage over other players is unacceptable.
- 3.2 Never act on knowledge gained via staff powers.
- 3.3 Never use staff powers to directly give yourself an advantage.
- 3.4 Events, respawns, and fixing bugs are the exceptions to this rule.
4. Respect player and staff confidentiality
- 4.1 Player notes, discussions about bans, player behavior, staff behavior, or any other topics of a sensitive nature should be confined to staff channels.
- 4.2 The exception is if you are given direct permission by a Head staffmember to discuss them outside of those channels.
5. Perform your job
- 5.1 Perform the job assigned to you as a staff member.
- 5.2 Maintain a level of activity that allows you to perform your job as a staff member.
6. Respect staff policy
- 6.1 There may be additional staff policies on the forums, which are not explicitly part of the rules, including things such as event guidelines.
- 6.2 These policies are to be followed by all relevant staff to the best of their abilities.
- 6.3 These policies are to be treated with the same regard as rules but do not override the rules.